Thursday, October 4, 2012

Seasonal Beer Review

We are now entering week 3 of unemployment and it is slowly starting to get to me....

Anyway, enough complaining. I am currently in my 2nd stage of fermentation for my Pumpkin Milk Stout and it's looking good. I cannot wait to bottle those bad boys. 

I also just bought a new 3 gallon glass carboy in my attempt to make a cider... I have never done this before so wish me luck. I bought farm apple cider yesterday and I am going to fix it all up on Saturday. 

Currently, I am reading "Beer for Dummies" and I have to say... it isn't too bad. I am really enjoying it.

Now... on to my new review:

Southern Tier - Special Ale Harvest Seasonal

It has 4 varieties of hops, 2 kinds of Malts and comes in at a 6.8% abv.

Pour: Caramel, golden amber color with very little foam
Smell: Very floral, fresh, and herbal... bright and a bit grassy
Taste: Warm, herbal, with a nice bite.Very drinkable for a beer with a higher alcohol content. 
Mouthfeel: makes me stick my tongue to the roof of my mouth. It is bitterer beer then the other ones I've reviewed so far but it's not over powering. It's nice... a perfect combination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment